[TechAssist] Re: fix Re: GE 25GT522, CTC177AF2 powers up 3 times,dead.

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 15:49:41 -0500

I should have been clearer as to the external scan cap trick:
RCA says in the service menu's parameter number one "horiz. frequency", if we
go too
far in the value setting the h. oscillator will drop out and have a dead set.
The
alternative to installing another eeprom would be to connect a scan cap (with a
value
typically in the HOT collector circuits) from HOT collector to ground. This
"swamps"
the circuit allowing it to stay powered up, oscillator working. Now access
service
menu and set the freq value back to a usable setting.
Phil