[TechAssist] Re: fix Re: GE 25GT522, CTC177AF2 powers up 3 times,dead.

  • From: Paul <dntwntv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 13:28:35 -0800 (PST)

That is interesting Phil. Was that a lucky shot or what? I would probably not
have reached that conclusion. Good work.       Paul
Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:I now understand in retrospect.
Remember I said with the new eeprom, the set came on, but the horizontal freq
was off? (due to the incorrect value of the new eeprom's horiz freq setting)
Another words, "detuned". A detuned resonant circuit is less effecient, so with
the horiz freq off, that affected the high voltage, lowering it, allowing it to
stay on. As I brought it closer to correct frequency, the HV increased, until
it exceeded the normal amount and triggered shutdown.
The open scan cap was allowing excess HV. My replacement eeprom with it's H.
freq "off" just masked the actual problem.
Does this explain it better?
It threw me also for awhile.
Phil

Paul ,B