[TechAssist] fix Re: GE 25GT522, CTC177AF2 powers up 3 times,dead.

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 15:40:57 -0500

I threw an eeprom in(slightly different ctc177 model) and the set stayed
on...out
of horiz. hold. I managed to enter the service menu and get to parameter one, H,
freq. Just as I had it close the H. oscillator dropped out.
I attached an external scan cap (just something out of my cap box, like a
.001@2kv) and it fired up with good picture.
This told me a timing scan cap somewhere was bad.
I located C4402 ,a .0115mfd@1600V (RCA# 223177). It was open.
Replaced C4402  as the fix
.
Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
Fax (863) 299-8821
email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Phil