[TechAssist] Zenith SG2795BK Gibberish text characters all over screen. intermittant

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 09:57:14 -0400

Customer said sometimes there would be text characters all over the
screen.Gibberish. No sense to them. usually clears. got worse.
This older set has the "main" board on bottom, the one thats completely
shielded top and bottom. think it's the 9-700. Known for lots of cold
solder connections. I pulled it. Completely resolderd it and set seemed
OK. two days later customer said it's back. I noted when it happened for
me, usually just after plug in and power up, I could hit Enter to clear.
I assume this main board is at fault but what.
Board compliment in this set:
Video 9-369-09
SMPS 9-604-03
Sweep: 9-605-01