[TechAssist] Re: JDVD3825P- Citizen vcr/dvd COMBO

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 01:03:37 -0400

You might be able to find that gear in a scrap DVD rom drive somewhere.
Seems many of these DVD mech for TV's are actually plain old IDE DVD rom
drives. I dismantled a Philips TV/DVD set and the DVD portion had the 40
conductor IDE cable connection as well as the 4 pin power connector. If
you have a photo of the gear and the area where the gear is mounted,
I'll have a look see if I have something laying around.

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
Guelph Ontario Canada
Est. 1984