[TechAssist] Re: Windows 2000 pro problem

  • From: "Tel-Tek Electronics" <teltek2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 21:06:02 -0500

Gary is so funeeeeeeeeeee..hehe.

-Ed-
Tel-Tek Electronics
Ontario-Canada
teltek2@xxxxxxxxxxxx
----- Original Message -----
From: "Gary McCartney" <number63@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2002 8:14 PM
Subject: [TechAssist] Re: Windows 2000 pro problem

> If I am not mistaken, there is a feature to allow a user a limited
> amount of computer time in a session. Perhaps you have this feature
> enabled by accident. Although that wouldn't seem to make much sense
> being you have yourself set up as the administrator, as I wouldn't
> imagine the administrator would have any reason to limit themself for
> length of time in a session.
>
> **Note for any professionals: I believe I attempted to answer the
> question in sort of a quassy state without actually trying to say that
> it is for sure the way I mentioned but rather as how I remember reading
> about it, and yes, I may not be 100% accurate.
>

> Gary McCartney
>
> McCartney Electronics
> 7134 Fife Rd, RR 7
> Guelph Ontario Canada N1H 6J4
> Fax: (519)821-1530
> email: number63 (at) inetsonic.com
>

> Tri-County Tv wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >          My Compaq Evo W6000 running windows 2000pro will after being on
for about 18 hours , will not let me open any programs , you click on
something but nothing happens, then if I try to shut it down by using the
start->shut down-> menu, it tells me I do not have permission , so I hit
"ctrl,alt,del and a menu comes up that lets me shut down the computer--It's
like after it's on for awhile it forgets that I(the administrator) is logged
on. I must restart the computer for it to act normal again.