[TechAssist] Re: Why are there so few FIXES posted?

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 17:04:32 -0400

Here's some excuses I can think of for not posting a fix:

Sometimes is is a simple fix that we should have known without asking
and we don't figure it is worth posting the fix afterwards: ex: RCA
CTC169, the regulator circuit doesn't work so we ask the group what the
solution is, then replacing the caps around the regulator IC fixes it.
Embarrassed, we decide not to post the fix.

Sometimes we ask for help, then have to order hard to get parts. The
parts come in weeks later and maybe we forgot that we asked the question
in the first place or lost the original email that we sent. Not much of
an excuse but just saying it likely happens this way.

Maybe a lot of the questions that are asked, never get a solution
because the customer refuses the estimate.

Also, maybe we forget to write down location numbers or parts values,
then when we get to the computer later, we can't remember so we don't
bother trying to post it.

One last thing. Maybe some of the fixes get entered diectly into the
data base and we don't bother posting it to the email list also.

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
Guelph Ontario Canada
Est. 1984