[TechAssist] Re: Why are there so few FIXES posted?

  • From: larry <schntv@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 09:57:39 -0400

I know i sound like a grumpy old man, when i say this. but,
How many times does it have to be posted, to check for loose
solder connections, and check electrolytic with ESR meter.
Shoot, i guess i am a grumpy old man.
lol
in all honesty, i dont see the need for 8 people to post a
fix, of check solder connections and electrolytics around the
vertical IC. and the fuse resistor off the flyback, for a
white line symptom, every time some one has that symptom. but
doesnt read the data base, it obvious this is not a tech
making his living fixing tvs.
however i love to read about an unusual symptom and repair,
for instance the coil in the CTC203, not making connection due
to varnish on leads , but not after the 50th time.
Also thank you's are appreciated, but could be part of the
report of the repair success.
I still love this list and read every post though.
I should just delete this message and be quiet, sorry

just my thoughts this morning,
Larry

J Silverman wrote:
> Thats right! I used to write up my fixes once and send them out to all the
> lists I am on with just one click. Now each one has their own form to fill
> out. Just takes too much time. too bad they cant all just use the same form
> and I could go back to one click.
> Jerry Silverman
> Greentron Inc
> 4 Newland Ave
> Greenville SC 29609
> Fax/Phone 864 232 3889
> mail to: greentron@xxxxxxx

Schneider TV & Electronic Inc.
5415 N. Wooster ave.
Dover, Ohio 44622       www.geocities.com/schntv2000/
330-343-0768         FCC. first class & Extra class K8WLY