[TechAssist] Re: Where in Canada to get woofers re-surrounded?

  • From: becyn <becyn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 11:37:19 -0500

REFOAM?  Speakers are RECONED, which includes the cone, vc, foam
and spider. Essentially, they rip everything out down to the frame and
replace
all the moving parts.
It would be nearly impossible to replace the foam only and get correct
balance or
alignment which is critical. Ever replace a horn driver "pot" diaphram?
It's not
as complex as a speaker, but still takes a bit to get it right.

You will have problems if someone just "refoams" them. Don't do it!!

Jim McVey
McVey Alltronix
327 Broadway
Newburgh N.Y. 12550