[TechAssist] Re: The Future?

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 09:57:05 -0400

VCRs evolved from a knob tuner to remote-cable ready over the years.
I forsee this again. Seems normal that say, a DVD recorder with it's
tuner may incorporate such a tuner and there would be among other jacks,
an NTSC output.
Once the "box" is designed, it's nothing to meld it into other recieving
devices.
I remember telling the customer who was thinking he had to junk his
nice, but non-cable ready TV. I would suggest he get a cable ready VCR
and use that as a "converter". Same now as then...
Phil

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
Fax (863) 299-8821
email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx