[TechAssist] Still unsolved mystory:

  • From: tvdoctors@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 14 Nov 2001 08:33:57 -0800

Problem Solved : Inadvertently installed Q505 backwards. I went by the
configuration on the board, which was wrong. Having looked at the schematic,
other parts didn't line up to what was supposed to be hooked to the base and
the emitter. I am greatly thankful for all who helped and replied to this plea.
 Neil

                                                              SONY  KV32XBR55:
       Replaced Q505(shorted), R571(open),  IC531,  L501(recommended replaced),
and checked and resoldered D512(Checked Ok). No schematic. Still has bowed
sides. Pincushion and Horiz.Size in service menu wont adjust (numbers change),
all other adjustments work.  If I jump across L501, I get almost full scan but
I can still see that pincushion is out of alignment.  Any thoughts to getting
this set out of here would be greatly appreciated, Thanks, Neil

TV Doctors    108 W. Main St. Monroe,Wa. 98272    360-794-6469