[TechAssist] Re: Sony Wega LCD 42" Technology?

  • From: Wayne Vanaman <Wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 07:50:35 -0600

The LCD projection TVs use a mercury lamp, not backlighting.

Personally I think the LCD TVs have a better picture than the CRT
projection TVs, but one of my main criteria is convergence.  I think
that the DLP sets have the best picture.

Remember that the current LCD, DLP, and Plasma TVs only show about half
the picture.  That is, most are 922,000 or 910,000 pixels (720p native)
were 1080i has over 2.1 million pixels.

Sharp has announced the release of a 1080i 2.1 Megapixel LCD.

Wayne Vanaman
Omega Electronics
6904 W Fairfield Dr
Pensacola, Fl.  32506-3310