[TechAssist] Re: Sony Wega LCD 42" Technology?

  • From: Wayne Vanaman <Wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 08:18:59 -0600

So what do you call deleting half of the information?

There are professional HDTV cameras that output 1080p and can run 24,
25, or 30 frames per second.

Two of the 18 ATSC formats are 1080p at 24 frames per second (fps) and
1080p at 30 fps.  There are three 720 formats, 24, 30, and 60 fps, all
progressive scan.

I would agree that 60 frames per second would give better "fast" or
high-motion displays.  But as always, the outcome depends on the source.

Any way you look at it twice the information has the "potential" of a
better picture.

Wayne Vanaman
Omega Electronics
6904 W Fairfield Dr