[TechAssist] Re: Sony KV-XBR36 (Sy-ctv20-T) Channels blocked out?

  • From: gulftech@xxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 13:00:59 -0500

It is in closed caption, text mode.

I have maybe 500 remotes, all boxed by brand, yet I insist on the
customer's remote.  Why?  First, it saves time in trying to find a remote
to work the set.  Not really necessary for popular brands.  Second, if
the set is not picked up, it is much more saleable with a remote with it.

If a customer says they lost the remote and only have a "universal," I
don't even want it.  ElectroSound sells "clone" remotes, which I stock
and sell for $20 each.  Customers love them.  Don't make a lot of money
on them, but it pays for the shipping when I place an order for that and
other parts.  Helps to pay the rent!

I have been given three or four sets from another shop in town, where the
only problem was no audio.  In each case, the speakers were turned off
and the shop did not have a remote to check it and turn them on.  What a
waste.

Kenneth Smith
Gulf Technical Services
3034 Gulf Breeze Parkway