[TechAssist] Re: Sony KP53S35 Chassis-SCC-N22B-A

  • From: Ed Gaidies <teltek@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 13:01:31 -0500

Damon...I get no blurp when Red 2nd anode is disconnected. (I get sound)
When I disconnect the Red 2nd Anode I also get HV..when I stick my HV
probe into the Splitters with the red 2nd anode removed.
Also I notice the Fluid Nipple that at the top of each tune...the red
"nub" is sucked right in and the green and blue are up.

I'm sort of leaning towards a bad Red CRT. What am I looking at to
estimate to the customer. Round figures will suffice. Within the nearest
$100...never changed one in a Sony...as you may be able to gather.;-)

-Ed-