[TechAssist] Sony HOT question

  • From: "Leonard G. Caillouet" <lcaillo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 15:00:20 -0400

Any opinions on the value of putting a fan on the HOT of Sony televisions to
keep them cooler?  I personally don't think it is necessary because I rarely
find one that fails for no apparent reason.  They do run rather warm and the
heat sinks could be larger, but it seems to me that if the set is fixed
properly there should be no need for a fan.  I know some folks put a fan on
the 6301 PS regulators.  What about the HOTs?  Anyone doing this?

Leonard G. Caillouet
Service Manager
Electronics World
Gainesville, FL