[TechAssist] Re: Sanyo 31" DS31590 dead, HOT shorted. other???

  • From: Philip Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 12:27:14 -0400

I finally ordered another Sanyo 2SD1879 HOT (Q402) and replaced the cap
C408 (4.7/160V)in the H. drive transformer circuit.It was just a bit low
value at 4.3 mfd.Peace of mind replacement.Resoldered all over the area
as well just to be safe. Before hand, I ran the set with my "test" HOT
for days with no problems, so yoke is probably OK, HOT  ran cool as
well.My final replacement 2SD1879 runs cool,too. Maybe this was just a
power fluctuation in the home.Happens.
Phil Bader