[TechAssist] Re: Samsung TV - TXE2749 - KCT52A - EPROM Question

  • From: "jonas miglinas" <miglinasj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 15:10:45 -0500

Hello David,

I am experiencing the exact same problem. No start because the 12v and 5v
supplies are missing. Have changed IC 852 and HC 802?(not at the office and
not sure of the numbers). When I take out either one of these the 12v comes
back. Decided to check the micro, and saw the VDD at .6v at standby.
Unsoldered, and the 5v came up. I have a spare chassis I saved that came
with a brocken crt and board, and swapped out the the micro. Set came on at
once and I thought I had it. I turned the set off and on about 5-6 times,
unplugged it, yep you guessed it, same thing.
Worked on this set about three hours saturday without a schematic and
decided to search the Tech Assist archives when I ran across your thread. I
have to exchange a couple of Thomson HD sets tomorrow(crt's not available)
so I won't be able to attack this set till Tuesday.
Of course I'll let you know what I find.
Client doesn't want to spend more than $100 so I won't spend too much more
time, unless this gets my goat.
Maybe there is somethig in Winstips for this model, or these models which
should be close:
TXE2545
TXE2546
TXE2549