[TechAssist] Re: Samsung TV - TXE2749 - KCT52A - EPROM Question

  • From: "David Lessard" <mr_fixit@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 12:26:53 -0400

Jonas,

No swapping the EPROM made no difference. Further experimenting revealed
that when SCL (IC901-37) clock and (IC901-42) SDA data lines are
disconnected from all circuits I can get the DCOIL line (IC901-17) to
activate when the "ON" button is pressed. If the DCOIL pin, which
activates the degaussing coil relay, works shouldn't the POWER pin
(IC901-18) work at the same time because whatever conditions were
satisfied allowing DCOIL to activate because POWER (IC901-18) still
doesn't come on. If I reconnect the SCL pin back to the circuit the
DCOIL line doesn't work when the "ON" button is pressed. It's as if the
micro is waiting for feedback from another circuit or a handshake from
the EPROM before allowing the POWER pin to activate the SMPS, etc. It
appears the micro is working but some condition is missing but what?
This should have been a simple enough problem but has proven to be a
learning experience. I did swap IC901 with a used one however it was
never confirmed fully functional. Perhaps my problem is still with a
defective micro? I can't source one; Samsung Canada no longer has this
part in stock! This TV is only 6-7 years old. Even if a micro was
available I'm reluctant to spend another $20-$40 not knowing for sure if
the problem lies with the micro. Sorry for the long post, I wanted to be
clear about the problem. If anyone has any other suggestions please
advise, I haven't been able to get much help from Samsung on this
problem.

David Lessard
Mr_fixit@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Alexandria, Ontario, Canada