[TechAssist] Re: SONY KP57HW40

  • From: <damon101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 06:49:10 -0500

You have a source for HD??....we're not there yet....We're waiting for HD
DVD to come out and also get one of those HD alignment disks....

I must have the goofy models out here, because I ALWAYS start with full
mode, then copy (1st) and look at Wide Zoom.....always needs Horiz lin
adjustments. If I do ALCP then it ALWAYS needs the Linearity
adjustments.(Either copy mode, new Crt install of course).
 The weird thing I've seen is rare, but there are times when "copy" mode
behaves like "all copy" on some models.
 As for HD convergence, all the info I have is from Sony's alignment
manuals. I have seen HD around, but have not yet seen a Sony PTV with HD
that needed CRTs or a Conv Alignment......only the Sony HD LCDs.

So you don't HAVE to align HD??? Weird....the alignment manual says you
do...

Damon Brunger
Fort Wayne IN