[TechAssist] Re: SONY KP57HW40

  • From: "markbrock" <markbrock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 08:15:26 -0600

Im in the middle on this one,   circuit city contract, has been serviced
before,  the customer is military and moves around a lot, set just came to
town with him, he says he's been fighting with CC since he bought it in '02
I assume the 1080i convergence needs set and saved but I don't want to mess
up whets working already if its the receiver causing the problem,    I do
not have  an HD signal gen. mine is analog but not a lot of demand around
here yet, can this convergence be done on board or do I need a hd generated
cross hatch ?   I think I know the answer,  and since my signal generator
does not put out 1080i signal I doubt I can be of much help,  the max repair
is 225.00 so not sure it warrants the purchase of the generator, that will
only get used another time or so in a year.   most around here are satisfied
if they get a pix at all,  720 is more than good enough.
brock

Brock Electronics
R.R.4 box 237
5208  cr.3385