[TechAssist] Re: SONY KP57HW40

  • From: <damon101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 22:04:04 -0500

From experience on this unit sounds like Full mode was already copied (Not
all copied) to 4:3 standard and wide modes.....but wide zoom normally needs
width/linearity/fine adjustments no matter what.....

In your case it sounds like you're actually in HD mode which is another
"separated" alignment and is not "copied". So you'll have to activate HD
mode with an HD signal, then press display 5 vol down power....go to
convergence, and align it.....

That's the only problem with HD mode, the fact that without  a Hi Def signal
source you are unable to activate and align the convergence for HD mode.

I myself would NOT use ALCP....if all modes look good except for
1080i.....and 1080i alignment is off a LITTLE BIT.

If you want to try ALCP (only if the HD align is WAY OFF) go to PJE mode 1st
(using 2 or 5) then use 1 or 4 to move to ALCP. Using 3 or 6 just change the
0 to 1 then press Mute then Enter.
This transfers the Full Mode alignment to all modes....BUT YOU MUST REALIGN
WIDE ZOOM mode's horiz lin and width adjusts in Coarse mode and fine tune
the Fine mode if you do that.......and you may have to tweak the HD mode
too. BUT standard, full and wide should all look ok.

Damon Brunger
Telrad Electronics
Fort Wayne IN