[TechAssist] Re: RCA CTC 177CD Wierd problems!

  • From: gulftech@xxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 14:15:18 -0600

Neil,

Two suggestions.  One, check all the tact switches for leakage.  Two,
clean the pcb around the micro with a good solvent like MEK or alcohol.
Have seen both cause cause the "panel buttons act weird" problem.

For the snow problem, recheck the tuner.  If the replacement EEPROM made
no improvement, put the original back in to save time on alignment.

HTH,

Ken Smith
Gulf Technical Services
3034 Gulf Breeze Parkway
Gulf Breeze, FL  32563
850-934-8324 (Voice) 850-932-0819 (Fax)

----------

On 05 Mar 2002 08:47:41 -0800 tvdoctors@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> Set came in with just snow. Replaced eeprom, U7301 and U401 ( the
> little smd Ic with 14 pins) in the tuner and the whole tuner wrap
> thing, and still snow. Every so often, when I power the unit up it
> works ok for a few minutes then goes back as before. I tried freeze
> spray, no good. Also now the panel buttons act weird. Push one
> function and a different function comes up. Like if I push the
> volume down key, the menu comes up.   Any Ideas on this one?   The
> micro maybe?    Neil
>

> TV Doctors    108 W. Main St. Monroe,Wa. 98272    360-794-6469

> SUBJECT field to the address above.

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.
SUBJECT field to the address above.