[TechAssist] Re: RCA CTC 177CD Wierd problems!

  • From: "Webster TV" <webstertv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 14:02:48 -0600

Neil,
Just something to check on your set, that could cause your symptoms. I had a
CTC176 chassis that I did the tuner ground job on and replaced the eeprom,
after doing this the set would work, but had alot of weird symptoms,
intermittantly it would go to a blank raster for a second and then come back
on with on screen display on, sometimes it would give a loud pop and loose
vert. deflection and then go into shutdown, sometimes it would go snowy with
no control functions.I replaced the Micro and Regulator and still same
problem. After many hours spent on this unit, I finally found a open printed
circuit trace between JC403 & JC411, jumpered with a short piece of wire to
solve problem!

                                            Dan Webster
                                            Webster's TV
                                            Shullsburg, Wi.