[TechAssist] Re: Problem with Tritronics

  • From: Scott Beebe <Scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: becyn <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 10:55:30 -0400

Hello becyn,
Have not had any big problems, but have noticed the shipping time for
"INVENTORY AVAILABLE IN MARYLAND AND FLORIDA" and "FOR IMMEDIATE SHIPMENT" has
been taking over a week on some items. I could understand comming from FL, with
the weather and all, but I was just thinking everyone was on vacation. (Just
like the people who put in prices on Sony ESI website. I think they are using a
random number generator now. Seems to be free or outragous. Yesterdays prices
where a belt for $251.65 and a 1000uF 200v cap for $15,417.17 But SPAN does
show correct pricing.) Just my 2 cents.

 Thanx,

Scott Beebe
Ohm Electronics Inc.
609 W. Clinton St.
Ithaca NY 14850
Voice: (607) 273-8406
Fax: (607) 273-8743
WWW.OhmElectronicsInc.com
mailto:Scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

becyn> Tritronics is generally pretty good, but the younger generation of the
becyn> owners do seem rather cavalier about problems. I had a go-round with one
of
becyn> the "sons" working the phones a few month back. I thought I should have
becyn> gotten a full refund, but got charged a restocking fee
becyn> on a part that was sent after the order was cancelled weeks before! They
becyn> refuse to confirm cancellations in writing, so that you don't have a leg
becyn> stand on. I don't think that's right.

becyn> Lately, it also seems that there is an increase in backorders and lag
time
becyn> on shipments. It might be the manufactuerer's problem, but its more than
becyn> one.
becyn> We are in NY and their place is in MD, yet it takes a minimun of 5 days
becyn> receive an order on stock items.

becyn> Jim McVey
becyn> McVey Alltronix
becyn> 327 Broadway
becyn> Newburgh N.Y. 12550

becyn> Factory authorized
becyn> service for over 20
becyn> major brands.
becyn> 845 561 8383
becyn> ----- Original Message -----
becyn> From: "Kenneth M Smith" <gulftech@xxxxxxxx>
becyn> To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
becyn> Sent: Monday, September 27, 2004 5:54 PM
becyn> Subject: [TechAssist] Problem with Tritronics

>> I rarely complaint about distributors. This is the first time I have even
>> had a beef with Tritronics.
>>
>> This time, I am very upset.
>>
>> I ordered a Sony A13163338 Sony G board for a PTV on 8/19, at a cost of
>> over $400.00.  Having heard nothing, I called them on 8/10.  Was told it
>> was shipped 8/31 and delivered 9/7. The recipt signature was no one
>> employed at present or in the past.  IT WAS NOT SENT HERE.  Was told they
>> would order another one to send to me, but I would have to pay for it
>> AGAIN, and hope to be reimbused for it sometime later.
>>
>> Was told today I would have to wait until the claim was paid by the
>> carrier, that they had already paid for the board.  That is BS, since it
>> was paid for by me--not them.  I have been out of business for 10 days
>> because of Hurricane Ivan.  My customer is the engineering head at a
>> local hospital.  Since I have never been called unless I call them, I
>> will be calling my customer to give their number.  This is totally
>> unacceptable.  The people I talked to a few minutes ago seemed to care
>> less about my problem.
>>
>> My customer has already called every name in the phonebook with the name
>> signed for the delivery.  I am the only person in this shop to sign for
>> pakages.  My name is not Ryan, or anything close.
>>
>> As I said--I am not a happy trouper.  As I said, Tritronics is a good
>> company.  It appears they could care less in this situation.  BTY, this
>> is not slander.  Both of us have all this infor documented.
>>

>> Ken Smith
>> 3034 Gulf Breeze Parkway
>> Gulf Breeze, FL  32563
>> 850-934-8324 (Voice)  850-932-0819 (Fax)

becyn> ---
>> Lost Password:
>> http://www.tech-assist.org  and select "Login Problems?".
>> Email Archives: