[TechAssist] Re: Problem with Tritronics

  • From: "becyn" <becyn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 18:36:19 -0400

Tritronics is generally pretty good, but the younger generation of the
owners do seem rather cavalier about problems. I had a go-round with one of
the "sons" working the phones a few month back. I thought I should have
gotten a full refund, but got charged a restocking fee
on a part that was sent after the order was cancelled weeks before! They
refuse to confirm cancellations in writing, so that you don't have a leg to
stand on. I don't think that's right.

Lately, it also seems that there is an increase in backorders and lag time
on shipments. It might be the manufactuerer's problem, but its more than
one.
We are in NY and their place is in MD, yet it takes a minimun of 5 days to
receive an order on stock items.

Jim McVey
McVey Alltronix
327 Broadway