[TechAssist] Re: Pioneer Reel To Reel Tape Recorder

  • From: "19th Street Audio" <audio19@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 09:28:12 -0500

We have seen a number of these for bad microswitches in under the left and
right tension arm assys. If you check with an ohmeter, you will undoubtetly
find either one or both need replacing. Both must be good to get the capstan
motor to rotate when the tape is threaded and the arms are in the operating
position. Hope this helps.

Marty Mertz
19th Street Audio
532 N. 19th Street