[TechAssist] Re: Pioneer CD, PD-M550, Won't play

  • From: "D Thunhurst" <dthunhurst@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 10:16:43 -0600

I guess Pioneer is as greedy as the rest of the manufactures.  Why would
they want to sell a part for $10 including S/H when they can sell a part for
$60 including S/H.  They wouldn't even be accommodating to sell me a copy of
the bias and tracking adjustments even after I paid for the pick-up
assembly.  They ARE greedy dogs. They want $26 and some change for the
manual just so I can set it up.  And especially, if they mis-informed me
about the availability of the ribbon cable.
This reminds me of an episode I had a few years back with Sharp.  I had a
tuner rebuilt and needed to access the menu to be able to set the RF AGC.
Their so called technical support couldn't and more likely wouldn't help me.
After buying a service manual at $40, which ate up the profits, it took less
than two minutes to finish the set.
Daryl
Daryl's TV
3310 Dyer St.