[TechAssist] Re: Panasonic VCP: AG7150P: head keeps spinning

  • From: Mike Underwood <MUnderwood@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 12:13:22 -0500

Jeff,

This is from the service manual.  Japanese-English so bear with it.  :)
1.  Press the screen display and down buttons simultaneously to display the
on-screen.

2.  Press the shift button.  Select the STBY OFF TIME or WIDE MODE item.
  *Press the DATA button to change the setting.
  *Press the DOWN button to proceed to the next item.
 *Setting the standby OFF time

5 MIN:  Normally, use this setting.  The upper video head cylinder will stop
rotating approx. 5 minutes after the VTR to return to the playback mode from
the stop mode is approx. 1 second. (factory setting)

0 MIN:  The upper video head cylinder will stop rotating as soon as the VTR
stops.  (The time taken for the VTR to return to the playback mode from the
stop mode is approx. 3 seconds).

3.  Upon completion of operation, press the SCREEN DISPLAY button.  The
normal screen will reappear.

Hope that helps.
Michael Underwood
AVI