[TechAssist] Panasonic VCP: AG7150P: head keeps spinning

  • From: WJSTV@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 11:58:22 EST

We have had a number of these professional style vcp's, all the same model,
usually with bad heads and/or broken lift arm (from lack of lubrication).

Some of the ones we have had also have the following symptom: the upper
cylinder starts spinning as the tape is loaded and, even though the "play"
button is not pressed (or "mashed" as we say in the South) continues to spin
for about four minutes before stopping. If it is put into play, it also spins
an extra four minutes after tape is stopped. Since these machines are used to
go into and out of play to broadcast commercials constantly, this extra four
minutes each time each time would appear to increase tape and head wear.

On the other ones we have, the upper cylinder stops spinning as soon as the
tape is fully loaded and as soon as it goes from play to stop.

Anyone know if this is a settable mode on these machines? If so, how do we
change it? Or is it something that needs repair?

Jeff Smith
Smith TV Service
1930 Main St
Newberry, SC 29108