[TechAssist] Re: Panasonic TV Model#CT27S18S,Chassis#AREDP224 No power up

  • From: Ed Gaidies <teltek2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 18:04:15 -0400

Ron;
That's perfect, we have a good description of your problem, and what you
have checked.
        Check C559,which I believe is a 220ufd/50volts, probably replace it
if you haven't got an ESR meter.
Should be almost in the center of the board, slightly to the right and
back.
Don't worry about things...we are pretty easy to get along with, and
from now on will refer to the other thing as a vertical problem, or a
horizontal problem, and leave the word "line" out of the conversation.
Things in this business are hard enough to explain without getting
caught on a war of words.

Welcome to the group...

-Ed-
teltek2@xxxxxxxxxxxx

On Friday, May 3, 2002, at 02:59 PM, Ron Price wrote:

>  This Panasonic TV Model# CT27S18S with Chassis# AREDP224 came in with
> the
> customer saying it would not power up. (wouldn't turn on) Upon
> inspection,
> (took cover off and checked inside) I found C818 (220uf @ 200v) and C
> 824
> (2200uf @ 25v out of round and the covering split from the case..Upon
> furtherchecking I found the HOT and the regulator to be bad..(checked
> the
> hotwith meter and the regulator had a small hole in the side).Replaced
> the
> HOT,Regulator,and both caps..Fired up (turned on) the set and now I am
> getting a high pitched sound in and around T601 and Q753. Not sure what
> voltages I am to have in that area and have no print (service manual)
> for
> this set..If I have not posted this properly or no one can understand
> what I
> am trying to say, I appoligize, I am trying to do this in the proper
> way..I
> would appreciate any help with this set...Thanks
>

> Ronald J. Price Service Tech. Terry's Computer Shack 719 Washington P.
> O.
> Box655 Mendota, Il. 61342 Phone: 815-539-3210 Fax: 815-539-7521 Email:
> ron_tcshack@xxxxxxxxxxx

> Chat with friends online, try MSN Messenger: Click Here[1]
>

> --- Links ---
>    1 'http://g.msn.com/1HM105401/43'
> ***NEW*** Tips Added Instantly!!!***
> Submit Repair Tips here:
> http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/

Quality will be remembered..long after price is forgotten.
Tel-Tek Electronics
Midland, Ontario,Canada.
teltek2@xxxxxxxxxxxx
teltek@xxxxxxx