[TechAssist] Re: Panasonic TV Model#CT27S18S,Chassis#AREDP224 No power up

  • From: "LeRoy Westlund" <llw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TechAssist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 13:48:33 -0600

Ron,
I'm trying to go from memory,....but,......
If it has an STR58041A for the reg. IC,....make sure you use a factory
replacement.
Also use a OEM part for the H.O.T.
Also check the resistor & elect.cap. off pin # 1 of the reg. IC (the
feedback
ckt.). This resistor sometimes decreases in value from 180 ohms to as low as
12 ohms. (don't trust the color code, cause it will fade, from being
overheated. Also check the soldering on the Horz driver Txfmr., and look for
a 1ufd @ 160-250 VDC elect. cap in the pri. ckt. of the horz driver txfmr.

Hope this helps, even though it might NOT apply to your model.
LLW

LeRoy Westlund
Westlund TV & Electronics          " I've enjoyed
93 North Main                                as much of this,
Centerfield, UT 84622-0087          as I can stand "
Ph./Fax  435-528-3822
mailto:LLW@xxxxxxxxxx