[TechAssist] Re: Need Service Manual for Panasonic PVC2541

  • From: HSWAD@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 10:46:00 EST

I solved the lack of blue problem. The lead from P5301 to the kine board  was
broken at P5301 on the mother board. Probably from mishandling. Works fine
now except still shuts down after two minutes. Freeze mist next. Hollis Bates,
EE-retired, Lewiston,  Maine,HSWAD@xxxxxxx
                                                                In a message
dated 2/19/05 8:03:07 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, H SWAD  writes:

The year of manufacture is 2001. When the set is first turned on ( with  or
without the vcr in place--mode switch in the eject position)  the  set will run
maybe a minute just fine except like I  mentioned,vertical a little too tall
and a lack of blue. Once it shuts down it  will turn back on but shut down
within seconds. If you let it cool for  ten minutes it will again stay on for a

minute. Since I have no manual I  am unable to really tell what is correct
voltage measurement wise. I suspect  that freeze mist may tell me something.
Got
it coming from a supplier. really  appreciate your help. You've have been
great. Hollis Bates, EE-retired,  Lewiston, Maine, _HSWAD@xxxxxxxx
(mailto:HSWAD@xxxxxxx) .

        In a message dated 2/19/05 7:44:36 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
greentron@xxxxxxx writes:

What  is the model year? Most of the models for a given year are in one
service  manual plus supplements. Also, through my Nesda membership, I  can
download any manual that is on the Panasonic site.
The only things  that can cause the power to shut off are emergency inputs to
the micro,  power overloads, or timing or mode problems from the vcr. Vcr
problems  should cause shutdown within 10 seconds or so. The overcurrent
shutdown  is from deflection problems.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4  Newland Ave Greenville SC 29609