[TechAssist] Re: How to retrieve info dead set eeprom

  • From: "Gauthier TV" <gauthiertv@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 10:51:24 -0500

Hello Paul,
Thanks for the tip on leaving set plugged in but turned off. We don't need the
additional stress of putting our hand into a live set.
I did discover awhile back that the old eeprom could be saved like you said but
after having a couple come back out of 20 or so i now just leave in the new
one. I charge enough for doing the tuner soldering job to easily recover the
cost.

Mike Gauthier
Gauthier TV
44 Elm St.
Amesbury Ma 01913
978 388 2213
413 425 6490 fax
mailto:gauthiertv@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  From: "Gauthier TV" <gauthiertv@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Subject: [TechAssist] How to retrieve info dead set eeprom
  Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 12:31:37 -0500

  Some of you may already do this but for others - when the set (rca-ge) wont
  start because of a corrupted eeprom i install a 8 pin socket at the eeprom
  location, plug in (half way -not tight)  the new eeprom (this allows the set
  to come on). and while running pull the new eeprom then (with set still on )
  plug in the original eeprom and retieve the values.
  Once you have written all the values (can turn off set ) swap the old eeprom
  for the new one and enter the values you retrieved, from the old one, into
  the new eeprom.

  Mike Gauthier
  Gauthier TV
  44 Elm St.