[TechAssist] Re: Hitachi 53UWX10BA No video/sound is rushing noise

  • From: "Gregory Smith" <gaserv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 12:36:14 -0500

As of July 1, 2004, all TV's manufactured for sale in the USA, 36" or
larger, have to be HD.  Moreover, 50% of those 36" or larger have to be
Integrated HD.  Integrated meaning the set will have an ATSC tuner (for
receiving off-air digital), QAM tuner (for receiving digital cable), & a DCR
tuner (for receiving premium digital channels).  Most local network
affiliates across the US are broadcasting some sort of digital signal.  Not
all are receiving the digital signals from the network though, so some are
upconverting an analog signal & broadcasting in digital.  Stations that are
broadcasting in 480, 720, or 1080 that are receiving the network HD signal
look very impressive. DishNetwork & DirecTV both are offering channels in HD
as well as hundreds of cable systems across the country.  For anyone who
says that they are not impressed with a HD picture apparently hasn't seen a
true 1080I or 720P broadcast on a quality set.  The Olympics were broadcast
in HD and were very very impressive.  And for all us Nascar fans, since NBC
was covering the Olympics, we got to watch our races on TNT in HD on
DishNetwork.  Sunday Night Football on ESPN broadcast in 720P are very
impressive.  All the sets used to watch the broadcast is whats going to make
the repair business somewhat lucrative again.  We will just have to learn
how to change lamps in LCD's, & consumers can actually change lamps in DLP's
& LCD Projectors & Rear Projection LCD.  It's facinating & the latest & best
thing come out since color TV.  Greg
Gregory B. Smith
G & A Electronic Services
2521 N. Laurent