[TechAssist] Re: HTML and Attachments

  • From: "Peter oliver" <oliver_peter1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 02:24:58 +0000

I've seen a number of strange ones too, Even emails that are too long for no
apparent attachments & strange attachments. The attachments are not being
stripped by Hotmails mcafee either, so either there is a new strain, a
servers been hacked or some one scaned the archives and is scamming email
addresses/names at random combonations. Has any one looked at the extended
header info in something like outlook express. To see what the true orgin
might be. Also on the notion of file shareing I've heard that bear share is
relitvely benign.

Peter Oliver
Tucson Radio

From: Ed Gaidies <teltek2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: TechAssist <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [TechAssist] Re: HTML and Attachments
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 21:55:50 -0400

I just emailed Jim Myers personally, to find out whether he sent an
attachment.  Jay has also been notified. Might be an idea to do a scan on
your system. I'm using the Mac right now...and these files don't affect me.
But anyone using Windows may want to check their system.

-Ed-

Shoreline Electronics  The above is the reply to your message dated
9/30/02 9:15 PM