[TechAssist] Re: GE (rca) Model 27GT630 chassis CTC203AA9 no video

  • From: "becyn" <becyn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 20:30:40 -0400

hi,

I believe that the switching function (av/tv) happens in the "t-chip" AKA
"jungle" in the ctc203. Not too many solder problems with this chassis other
than old production smps land issue and the series inductor in the H -0ut
base circuit. This wll cause no HV-not a no video condition.

Be sure that other things are working, such as vol, menu, etc. This will
help rule out an I^2 C buss or micro problem. My bet is on the jungle...a
few pokes with a scope probe will tell the story.

Jim McVey
McVey Alltronix
327 Broadway
Newburgh Ny 12550