[TechAssist] Re: GE TV model# 25gt522. No Pix on ch#49 and 50

  • From: "Bob@Bobs tv" <woodman1@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 09:52:02 -0400

Panday,
          Had a very similar problem, {no channel 50} took chassis into shop
and it worked..Resoldered tuner area.. Returned and it had the same
problem..Told customer to call cable company, they came and said its not our
problem...I called cable co, talked to a supervisor I know. He went out to
check with two others, spent 1/2 day there.. They checked all the lines into
the house found no problem..The problem they found was a 15 yr old Magnavox
13" in bed room with Radio Shack splitters causing the problem.. Unhooking
13" Magnavox returned the RCA to normal.. You could have a similar problem,
as this set has 3 bands  Band 1, chan 2-17 Band 2, 18-50 and Band 3 51-99..
By what you describe all three bands are working and what we have found is
with component failure you normally loose blocks of channels in one band.
Not saying this is your problem, but don't spin your wheels like we did..
Bob,

Bobs TV   Worcester, ma

woodman1@xxxxxxxx

Main  508-853-1482