[TechAssist] Re: Fw: PROJECTION TV general question

  • From: info <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: al <al@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 10:53:03 -0600

Hello al,

a> I think the trick is to move cautiously, and run on the jig as little as
a> possible.Matching up is important also,and I would NEVER use a Zenith
a> anything as a jig,even on a Zenith! al

a> Al Leatherman
a> alleathe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
a> 973-361-5796
a> Mine Hill, NJ. 07803
a> http://WWW.ALS-TV.NET
a> ----- Original Message -----
a> From: <gelectr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
a> To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
a> Sent: Monday, June 10, 2002 6:10 PM
a> Subject: [TechAssist] Re: Fw: PROJECTION TV general question

>> I wouldn't recommend this at all. How do you guys handle the all the
>> blown circuitry that results?
>> i.e. I made a jig from a 25" Zenith (rebuilt tube, good yoke, fried board)
>> The first (and *only*) time I used it was on a 27" Zenith chassis. The
>> raster showed up short and barrel shaped, but I figured this was from
>> the yoke mis-match as the set had a fine raster on the 27" tube, just
>> the colour sucked. I was trying to prove that the 27" tube was shot.
>> Anyway, when I hooked the chassis back up to the 27" tube, the raster
>> was short and barrel shaped. Evidently the yoke mis-match had blown the
>> deflection and pincushion circuitry.
>> I never did figure that one out. It cost me dearly, and I promptly
>> disposed of my "jig".
>> Greg
>> Greg's Electronics
>>
>> On Mon, 10 Jun 2002, al m wrote:
>>

>> > that's what I thought you meant, I've been on the stupid side bringing
a> them
>> > all in. Maybe i should make myself one with all the junkers I have
a> laying
>> > around.
>> > al marquardt
>> > ampm@xxxxxxx

a> ------------------------------------------
a> To REMOVE your email address, click here:
a>   http://www.tech-assist.org/unsubb.html
a> To CHANGE your email address, click here:
a>   http://www.tech-assist.org/change.html
a> ------------------------------------------
a> ***NEW*** Tips Added Instantly!!!***
a> Submit Repair Tips here:
a> http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/

Hi , can tell me how can make this Jig for test different TV sets ?
I really a good idea, but what about impedance of yoke and connectors
to CRT ?
Thanks
Ruben

--