[TechAssist] Re: Fw: DVD-R discs 4.7 Gig!

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 13:52:31 -0500

Al, usually a DVD rom combo is a DVD reader and CDRW drive built into
one. Doesn't sound like you can burn DVD's in your drive. You can look
up the model of your drive in Device Manager, then search the net for
information on that model.

DVD burners are only $40.00 US or so nowadays anyhow so go wild, Al.

Before you know it, HD DVD and Blue Ray drives will start appearing but
they will be expensive to begin with. They will also have copy
protection so movies can't be copied, that is until someone cracks it.

Strange how the price of dual layer blank DVD's has never got down to
affordable levels like single layer discs.

Gary

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
Guelph Ontario Canada