[TechAssist] Re: DLP-LCD Lamp change charge

  • From: "Leonard Caillouet" <lcaillo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 17:44:10 -0500

On lamps we use a 30% profit margin if we do the service call and if we sold
the set.  Typical margin is 40%.  We won't do it if we don't make a profit.
There are too many pitfalls...bad ballasts, lamps that die and you have to
replace them, etc.  Lamps that we have to special order, which is most, must
be prepaid.

Service call locally $50 + labor $40-80, depending on what it takes.  We
always check the filters and clean lenses and mirrors if needed.  Some of
these sets seem to be bad about developing a film on the mirror that makes
the pix cloudy.  I think the heat off of the lamp cooks oils in the air...

Leonard G. Caillouet
Electronics World
1261 NW 76 Blvd
Gainesville, FL 32606