[TechAssist] Re: Charging Circuit--Riobi 14.4 drill Charger

  • From: Edward Gaidies <teltek3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 08:33:04 -0400

Warren;
Depending on the Charger, I would presume you have 12.2V from white to
red, and 12.2V from white red. The white is normally fed back to the
charger to determine when to go into trickle charge mode. The
question.....why are you pissing around with this, when you can go to
Canadian Tire, and buy a Drill with 2 Batteries and a Charger for
$79.95?:-)
        Reason these Solid State Components have no part numbers on them, is
because they are not meant to be repaired, and even if there was a part
number, you don't expect to find a Parts Department for this
company....do you????
Come on...Get with the program;-)
I was using a B&D drill for 7 years, Had Internal NI-CAD battery packs
(2). When I wanted to replace the battery packs, they were $47 each.
The new version of this drill was $49 Retail. You must have a Birthday
coming up, or an Anniversary...Treat yourself...and if you can't find
your favourite color.....Paint it. HEHE. Typical Canadian.

-Ed-
Ed Gaidies
Tel-Tek Electronics
Ontario-Canada