[TechAssist] Re: Charging Circuit--Riobi 14.4 drill Charger

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 09:39:40 -0400

Warren, it sounds to me like the white wire is feeding into the base of
a transistor, NPN my guess. See if one of the other legs of the device
go to ground (emitter) and the last leg (collector) goes to B+ probably
through a resistor. If you think it is a transistor, try a 2N2222. If
the transistor does nothing, maybe it doesn't have enough gain. Try a
NTE172A darlington. Do whatever with caution as you don't want problems
such as over charging the battery, for safety sake.

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
Guelph Ontario Canada
Est. 1984