[TechAssist] Re: CTC167 chassis, small, dark, blurry picture.

  • From: "Christopher Barnak" <cbarnak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 08:06:51 -0500

Kevin,

Your regulated voltage should not vary. No matter what the load,
something should blow.
Pay special attention to the regulator circuit. And make sure the Raw
DC is clean. You could
have a bad filter cap. Scope it out.  Just a guess.

Christopher Barnak, CET
Norfolk School Plant Facilities
Electronics Division
966 Bellmore Ave.
Norfolk, Va. 23504

Phone 757 628 3385
Cell      757 373 7027
Fax      757 628 3392
cbarnak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

>>> kevintv@xxxxxxx 12/2/2004 2:07:48 PM >>>
Thanks, Phil.  I spent time on this dog lost night.  This is what I
found:  B+ varies between 108 and 120 volts.  HV measured 24 kV the
one
time I checked it.  The higher the voltage the wider the picture, of
course.  I replaced SCR4101 (780-9) in the P/S with 780-7 and no
difference.  I replaced the HOT with a large 100 ohm resistor and the
B+
was a stable 140 volts.  I removed the HOT from circuit and it tested
good with high meg on my ohm meter.  Something is dragging the B+ down
and the only thing I can think of is the flyback, which doesn=92t make
sense to me.  Am I missing something? =20

Kevin Wilks
Kevin's TV & Video Repair
Penticton BC Canada
kevintv@xxxxxxx=20