[TechAssist] Re: CTC167 chassis, small, dark, blurry picture.

  • From: "John at Main TV" <maintv2004@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 17:26:59 -0700

Yes, hundreds of tips, in both winstips and fix-finder.  But not for your
exact problem.  Numerous for bad PCC but I don't think that is what you
have.  Check fior +129 v on the cathode of the SCR at the back of the
chassis.  Another odd problem with this chassis is C4502.  It is actually in
the vertical circuit near the front of the chassis.  It can cause dark or no
raster.  But I would guess a B+ problem.  Power supply problems on a set
this old would most likely be filters if it not blowing the fuse.  If the
HOT does not get too hot, then not likely the IHVT.  John.
John Mielke
Main TV
636 main St.
Longmont, Co