[TechAssist] Re: A question for ESR meter users

  • From: Jay Knoll <jhk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 16:32:26 -0400

Bill,
   As you know capacitors fail in many ways. Esr, I have found is the most
common. Occasionally I find a capacitor that has shorted. I Rarely find
one  changed in value. Then Sencore has a dielectric absorption test. I
have only found one electrolytic in the last eight years that has tested
bad for D A.  I find caps with esr practically daily.
    A good ESR meter is a must!!    Jay