[team2039] for tonights meeting

  • From: Mark Amber <balloooza314@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: team2039@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 13:05:15 -0500

Does anyone know how to find out exactly how many encoder clicks are in one
rotation of the wheel, I think that is an incredibly important part of the
program, I want it to be once we have one full rotation we can divide that
into 360 steps, and it needs to be extremely accurate, we cannot go by
looks, because every time the wheels spin it would just get that much more
off, so what ever error we have, say it is the length of this --> u on your
computer monitor it will be uuuuuuuuuuuuuuu off after 15 rotations.

I was thinking we could put an encoder on the swerve action and spin it
around 20 or so times, so the a few millimeters of error would be 20 times
less significant, then we could divide by 360x20, instead of 360.

Is my thinking correct, does anyone have better or more proven ways to do
this?