[TCUG] Re: Unmetered supplies

  • From: "Probert, Norman" <Norman.Probert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 10:51:46 -0000

In Area 9 we have recently had our energy coding accepted by the UMSO with a
few exceptions for new equipment which are now on temporary codes. We have
used codes that have been applied previously, used as blanket codes for
OTU/OMU etc. This has been acceptable until now where the UMSO is becoming
more particular, they have raised a query over  variations between two
different pushbuttons by the same supplier. The task to obtain all the
detailed information is already onerous but to have to identify different
models of pushbutton, which on the surface look the same, adds a new level
of complexity. I believe the coding needs to be rationalised to use common
codes for certain types of equipment MVD, OTU, OMU etc.

Our UMSO has advised that any new equipment must have loading details
provided by the manufacturer before being installed, in practice this
normally happens afterwards where the loading details are submitted and
passed to Elexon for agreement before they have an agreed code.

What would be ideal would be if the manufacturers were to agree the code
with Elexon before supplying this to a customer, then when equipment is
supplied they could pass on the agreed code to be used. Wishful thinking
probably...

Norman Probert

Traffic Signals Operations Team Leader
AmeyMouchel - (Area 9)