[TCUG] Re: TCC DLOA

  • From: Bull Peter <Peter.Bull@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 11:02:40 +0100

I've raised the cost of the Traffic Information Highway with our TCC contact
- we would like to be able to use the TIH to exchange information with the
TCC and others, but we aren't making use of it at all yet. The TCC
application would be our first. I imagine a lot of other authorities are in
the same boat. It doesn't make a lot of sense for us all to invent a lot of
different wheels setting up systems to exchange TCC information over the
TIH. It would be very helpful if a simple single-PC-based application were
developed which we could all use (for which TCC covered the development
costs). Obviously if you needed to link into an existing system, or wanted
to expand the simple system, then it would be up individual authorities to
meet their own particular needs. But this seems a very good opportunity to
kick start wider use of the TIH.

Pete Bull