[tccrockets] Re: Nike drag race slow motion

  • From: "Jimmy F" <Aldocyber3@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tccrockets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 09:59:09 -0700

Here is the logging of the Nike Drag race

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aiev7456s_ondEJOTzR4blFEVEVIRlVKcnl5Qk44Ymc#gid=1

James D. created this last year, I just added to it for this year's race

Add any missing info, if you have it
If you edit please use the May 2013 tab at the bottom
I am calling pad 19 first of the pad based upon photos and video

Jimmy F.
TRA 12524

-----Original Message----- From: Steve Sawyer
Sent: Monday, May 20, 2013 10:57 PM
To: tccrockets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tccrockets] Re: Nike drag race slow motion

That was noisy fun!
I was on pad 17. Stock Cesaroni K2045 igniter and about 8 lbs lift off
weight. My ARTS2 read 6108 ft, ~50 g's peak.  I had 2 minutes of tracking
smoke lighted by ARTS2 under a 48" chute with Beeline tracker.  Attached are
photos which appear to show 4 very close groupings of Nike Smokes off the
pad ---

Group 1: Pad #19, #12 (Ryan Reynolds), #18,
Group 2: Pad #16, #20, #11 (Ron Swenson),
Group 3: Pad #13, #17 (Steve Sawyer),
Group 4: Pad #15 (Matt Powell), #14a (Robert Zylstra)

Sam Fineberg and Laurel - which pads were you?
Aidan Sojourner - I thought that you were on #18 next to me?

Steve

#12 was Ryan Reynolds with his awesome 4 ounce carbon machine.
igniting at the same time but off the rails at second and third were Laurel
and Aidan on pads 11 & 12.

and the Nikes kept coming!!!

awesome spectacle.  thanks everyone, enjoy!

Cliff